Monday, March 16, 2009

First 1st Birthday!






We began Hudson's birthday week (don't you love a birthday week?!) with our good friends on Saturday night at the most genius place I have ever heard of. My sister claims she thought of this idea first, but she is obviously not banking in on that right now. Good try Ang! Anyway, thanks to a blog by my friend Becca, we celebrated at Austin Cookie Lounge. Imagine with me people...it's like Marble Slab Creamery, but for cookies. You choose what flavor cookie dough you want and then what flavor mixins you want inside your dough. I KNOW! YUMMY! And they flavored milks, milkshakes, etc. The only downside was that it was actually a lounge, not very baby friendly. So needless to say we didn't tarry long at Austin Cookie Lounge with an almost four year old, almost one year old and an 8 month old. (Note last picture.) Maybe just the adults can go back one night and Dusty and fully enjoy his cookie and Trivial Pursuit!

Anyway, Hudson, Kate and Jack were really into the cookies and then climbing, running, jumping on the couches and just generally disturbing the cute little UT students who were there on dates! Tons of fun! Thanks to our friends the Testone's and Jaclyn (missed you Mark) for helping celebrate with Hudson! Hudson has the best friends!! :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

It WAS my idea. I can't help it if I haven't found an investor yet. My place, The Cookie Jar, will be better than that one. And I will give out free cookies for birthday boys...especially if they are that cute. Can't wait to celebrate again this week!