Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day!


For several years on Mother's Day I sat quietly in my seat at church with tears in my eyes as our preacher asked all the mothers to stand. Dusty and Lyndsey would reach over and touch my hand to comfort me as I longed to be one of those women. And even though the desires of my heart have been filled by God, Mother's Day is still a bittersweet day for me. I am so proud to be Hudson's mom and he is an unexplainable joy in our lives, but he is not my only. I have conceived four babies in my life. And even though Hudson is the only baby I hold today, I am a proud to call them all mine. I wish they were all right here, right now, but God had a different plan for us. So this Mother's Day I held this one a little longer, kissed him a few (lot) more times and told him over and over how blessed I was to be his mommy. And told him one day we would have a sweet, sweet reunion in Heaven.


Thanks to Dusty and Hudson for making me feel so special this Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Sisco Family said...

sweet friend! i was thinking of you on the mother's day. i love ya soooo much!

At the Beach with Dave and Alicia said...

This blog brought tears to my eyes, what a precious moment to look at our boys and realize the miracle they are... what a humbling experience to be a mom. and you friend, are a beautiful one.