Monday, September 22, 2008

What a Week...

So needless to say we are tired and resting today! It was quite a week. Just to follow up from my last post, Krista's funeral was Saturday and it was a sweet celebration. The church was totally packed and some were watching on screens in overflow rooms. The ceremony was very special and Krista was definitely honored. The processional was miles long and people lined the streets of Gainesville to pay their respects. It was so sweet. And at the burial we all let pink balloons go at the same time. It was hard to say goodbye, but we celebrate that Krista is spending eternity with the Lord!

So the praise song "Blessed be the Name of the Lord" has been special to me over the last couple of years mainly because of the lyrics listed below and they are close to my heart now as well. Even though we lost our Krista this week, we also received special news that my sister Angie and her husband Adam are expecting their first baby!! We are so excited that Hudson is going to have another cousin so close in age. (He is very fond of his cousin Addison!) We cannot wait to meet Baby Mirkes in April! Congratulations again!

These lyrics keep coming back to me this week. I pray that I will always be able to praise the Lord, no matter what.

"He gives and takes away. He gives and takes away. My heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name."

3 comments:

Lydia said...

I love that song, too. I can't ever sing it because I am always crying during it!

The Brewers said...

YEA Angie! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more about little baby Mirkes!

Sisco Family said...

that was our song during caleb's month of surgery and recovery... not know what the Lord would choose to do. it is crazy how you can sing a song for so long, but until you have a God given experience to tie it to - it doesn't have as much meaning. God blessed us with those words too!

congrats to angie too! so can't wait to see her with a little belly!