Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sweet Krista

Most of you have heard by now that our Krista passed away last night. It was a sweet, peaceful moment as she was welcomed into Heaven. Krista will be dearly missed, but how great that she is now without pain, without suffering, without cancer.

I wanted to share my favorite Krista story. Five years ago Krista was the flower girl in our wedding. She looked like a little angel, with her white dress and flowers in her hair. Right before the ceremony was to begin Krista noticed that my bridesmaids and I were starting to get a little anxious, so she steps in the middle of our circle and says,

"When I get nervous I like to play the game telephone."

So there we were, 8 grown women, laughing and playing along as she passed the secret "Tag is my boyfriend" around the circle.

That is how I will remember Krista. Bright, cheerful, funny, always making people smile. The funeral is set for Saturday afternoon. All of the family are wearing pink, Krista's favorite color. It is going to be a sweet celebration of Krista's life and there is much to celebrate. She was an amazing little girl, who in her short 11 years touched more lives than we will ever know.

Heaven got a little brighter yesterday!

5 comments:

At the Beach with Dave and Alicia said...

Ashley,
I am so sorry to hear about Krista. But, you are right... there is much to celebrate. What a precious gift you all have been given in knowing her. God did so much through her in her short little life, but it was a big life that she led. My love, prayers, and thoughts are with you all.
Alicia

The Brewers said...

I remember that fun game of telephone! You and your family are in our prayers

Sisco Family said...

oh, i so remember that!!! she really is such a beautiful girl! we will be praying for the family as they grieve the loss of such a bundle of joy and celebrating the life she had here on earth!

love to all!

Sparks05 said...

Ashley

I cam accross your blog the other day and just and to smile and laugh. My son is Tag and has gone to school with Krista since Kendergarden. Tag spoke of Krista often and always talked about her humor. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your little story. Your family are in our prayers nightly.

Regards
Amy Sparks
Tags Mom

Two Sisters said...

I cannot tell you how much Krista's story has touched my heart in the past couple of weeks. Not understanding His ways, but trusting...I will continue to pray for her family.

Thanks for sharing Krista's story!