Friday, March 28, 2008

A sad day on Sugarberry Lane...




Mimi went home today. :( She has been with us for the last two weeks and it was heartbreaking to see her go. I have complete confidence in Dusty and myself, but there was just something comforting about having my mom close by as I am trying to figure out how to be a mom myself.

We cannot say thank you enough Mimi, you were an absolute blessing. And thanks to my dad and other family for sharing her with us!

Side note--Hudson cried for 20 minutes after she left. The most he's ever cried! We miss you already!

4 comments:

The Brewers said...

Hudson may have cried for 20 minutes...but I'm willing to bet mimi cried longer! If it makes you feel better I BAWLED when my mom left....it was scarey...and my oh so stable hormones certainly didn't make it any better!!

The Cochran Fam said...

My mom planned on staying a week with us after Bailey was born. My dad drove down to pick her up and I had a melt down. I mean a bawling melt down! Dad ended up going home without her so she could stay a few more days. I totally know how you (and Hudson) feel!

Sisco Family said...

i remember standing in the driveway and sobbing while my mom pulled away after allie was born. it is hard! Ashley, you're already a fantastic mommy and dusty is a terrific father! enjoy it all! laugh ALOT!

JB said...

Oh girl, I know how hard that is. Mine was here over 2 weeks after Sara was born! She had to start preparing me days in advance before she left. Just remember a good cry every day or two the first few months of Hudson's life means you are normal! :)