Thursday, February 28, 2008

We're on a countdown people!!!

Three weeks to go! Or maybe less??!! We went back to the doctor today and received yet again some interesting news. First, I am having contractions and I'm dilated to a 1! YIPPEE!! I know, not much to get excited about, but hey, it's a number! Second, my doctor thinks Hudson is a little too small. Big surprise! She wants to do an ultrasound next week to check his exact weight. If he's below the 30th percentile, she's considering inducing me early. I know that doesn't seem to make much sense, but I think it has something to do with him being able to receive more nutrients outside the womb. And if he is above the 30th percentile in weight by next week, she thinks I'm right on track for my due date. (Which I was told today by Aunt Angie is a good thing because she has a hair appointment scheduled for the 21st that she really wants to keep. Nice.)

So I'm just going to put it out there that I'm starting to panic just a little. I mean, this has been a two year journey for us and now that its here, I'm freaking out. Thank God for my ever-mellow husband, who is not worried one bit about raising a child. (He IS currently worked up that the Mavs can't get a good lead on the Spurs.) And thank God that He is the one who will constantly give us patience, love, wisdom and discernment when we just don't know what else to do.

Did I mention that I'm having a baby in less than three weeks. AAHHHH!

5 comments:

Steve Bezner said...

Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!

ashley said...

Oh, it's a piece of cake!! HA! You remember my freak out moment - you were here! Girl, it's going to be one amazing experience and I cannot get any more excited for you. I can totally hear you saying "We're on countdown people!" Keep us updated - we're praying!

Lydia said...

I'm with Dusty. What a let down last night. I mean, why even trade for Kidd if you aren't going to put him in the last 0:30 seconds of a game!? Geez!

And Ashley, I am sure God has spent years getting you read for this. You can handle it!!!

The Brewers said...

I'm with Angie, hair appointments are hard to come by....

so excited Ash! What an amazing journey....that is really just beginning!!! Prayers coming your way!

JB said...

Yea for progress!!! Can't wait to see pictures of baby Hudson!

Julie Beth (Wray) Fox
www.bugsmommy.blogspot.com