Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Oh, sweet child of mine!

We went to the doctor today for a sonogram to check on Hudson's position. We didn't exactly get the report we were hoping for. My Hudson is laying straight across my stomach, still. Unfortunately my doctor had to leave right in middle of our appointment to go and deliver someone else's little one. This was of course right after she said, "I'm afraid he isn't going to turn. If you go into premature labor, we'll for sure have to do a C-section. I have to go now." WHAT?? The nurse comes in to give me an information sheet on exercises they want me to do for the next two weeks. Great. Oh, it gets better. If he doesn't turn in the next two weeks, I can try a Chinese herb incense stick to light by my pinkie toe. Or acupuncture. I kid you not.

So friends, here's what we are praying for at this point:

1. That I do not go into labor any time soon.
2. That our little sweetie pie decides to turn on his own.
3. Continued health, safety and protection for Hudson.
4. Most importantly that we would trust God with whatever happens.

Oh my! We are so in for it...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley -
Hi, this s Jane Wray. Just wanted to let you know that my little Hudson, now 9 weeks old, did come early and did not turn!!! HA. So I had a C-Section. If your Hudson doesn't turn either dont worry....it worked out great for me. It was soooooooo easy. We will be praying for you guys.
Jane

Anonymous said...

Oooh. Do the Chinese herb thing. I want to know what that is like. Remember when that doctor lit a match in your ear to clear out the infection? That worked.
Angie

Steve Bezner said...

He'll turn. I can feel it. But, just in case, can you ride roller coasters still? A couple of rounds on the Shock Wave and I think you'd be set.

It give me great joy to know that Hudson is going to be a stinker. I can also sense that. It will be a source of great joy to you and me both to watch your husband, the nicest man alive, struggle with a rebellious son. If only I could be a fly on the wall...

KLee said...

Hey Ashley! Congrats on the upcoming baby, who will hopefully keep growing on the inside until he turns around!
Your husband was at HSU while I was there. I think he was a year behind me. Small world!
Can't wait to see pictures of your precious boy! Being a mommy is the best!

The Brewers said...

A child with a mind of his own...what a blessing!!! We'll pray that God watches over baby Hudson and mommy and daddy in the days to come!!

Kim, Jeff, and Brady

Sisco Family said...

hey girl... praying for all those things inspite of the fact that you added a goofy picture of me leaning over you on the previous post...

HA! no really, i'll be lifting up "sassy hudson." can boys be sassy? well, if they can... yours would be!

love you!

Beth (and Eric) said...

Thinkin' about you and SO excited for you!!!