Thursday, January 21, 2010

Introducing...

Ellison Reese Brewer
January 20, 2010 10:11 p.m.
7 lbs. 2 oz. 20 inches





Wow! My intention was to put out a blog post on Wednesday evening to let you all know that Ellie would be joining our family NEXT Wednesday. Ummm, there were obviously other plans in store for us! I came home from my appointment and within a matter of hours, I was in labor. Fast, people, fast. That is all I can say. We barely made it to the hosptial, seriously. A special thanks to Seton Medical Center for giving me an epidural at 8 cm!! I love you Mr. Anethesiologist! It was a whirlwind! Miss Ellie made quite an entrance into the world! She is beautiful and doing great!

Hudson has been very sweet and has even decided to say her name. He has refused for the last six months, only calling her baby. Nice. But he has kissed her and loved on her here in the hospital. We'll see what happens when we get home and she doesn't go away!

We are so blessed to have two wonderful, healthy children! More on our new family to come!

7 comments:

ashley said...

Yeah!!! Oh Ashley, she is beautiful - I've been thinking about you all day and cannot wait to hear details. She's HERE, she's HEALTHY - praise God for a beautiful baby GIRL!!!

The Stikos said...

Sooo precious :D Congrats!

Sisco Family said...

a fast labor is such a blessing... i can't believe you almost didn't make it to the hospital... crazy! she beautiful! can't wait to hear and see more! love you all... congrats!

At the Beach with Dave and Alicia said...

YAY!!! YAY!!! YAY!!! Congratulations Ashley! I am so happy for you guys and so excited to see that beautiful family pic of all of you together! (how is it that your hair ALWAYS looks so stinkin' cute, even after labor?!!)
Hope your recovery is going well and know that you girls are in my prayers for lots of bonding and cuddles and coos!

The Brewers said...

I love the family pic!!! Hudson's face is so sweet!!! She's precious Ash, can't wait to meet her

Lydia said...

Hudson will be a great, protective big brother for sure! Hope the first few nights at home went well. Ashley - if you can make it to 8cm without an epidural, you can go all the way without one! IJS! :) Love you!

Meghan said...

Congrats! Just stumbled upon your blog. I have a Hudson and Reese!