Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Otter Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree




I recently re-took the personality test that tells you if you are a lion, otter, beaver or retriever. We took this test every summer at Pine Cove before camp started and I was always a retriever, with a little bit of beaver. Well, big surprise, no change in my personality, still a retriever. :) As I was listening to the conference leader share the traits of all the personality types, I thought, "Oh my gosh, my son is an otter!" Descriptions: loud, talkative, likes to be around people, likes attention. My son is an otter. Don't get me wrong, its not a bad thing, I just couldn't for the life of me figure out where he came from. My husband and I have very little otter. Where does Hudson get ALL this personality??!!

You guessed it...from his MIMI!! Mimi came to visit this week, just because. :) We love just because! My mom brings out something in Hudson that Dusty and I just can't. When the two of them get together, its hysterics! She says words like "Pee Pie" and "Bugaboo" and he just dies laughing. It really is funny. She took the test yesterday and she is in fact, an otter!! Thanks for coming to visit Mimi, we love you!!

**I'm going to be practicing my version of "I Love You A Bushel and Peck" and bring out my inner otter!

4 comments:

ashley said...

How fun that your mom came to visit - I miss seeing that lady! Can't wait to watch your little otter's personality as it continues to come out!

Sisco Family said...

we are a family of four otters... he can come for a visit anytime! love you guys!

Angie said...

Don't forget the "car" sound- Boodin, boodin!

Also, there is nothing wrong with A Bushel and a Peck, Shug.

The Brewers said...

okay, I laughed so hard I cried on this post!! I think it's hilarious that it took you so long to figure out where he inherited his otter!!!! HELLLO.....otter screams PC!!!