Saturday, January 17, 2009

A sad goodbye...




We lost my grandfather (Paw-Paw) last weekend. And even though it was a sad goodbye, we were able to celebrate his 91 years here on earth. The service was really special, as my brother read memories from each of the grandchildren. It was a sweet testimony of how much he loved his family, especially my nannie. His has missed and grieved over her for the last six years and I know there was a sweet reunion that took place last Saturday! I am so proud to be part of the legacy my Paw-Paw has left behind.

This occasion did bring together my entire family on my moms side, which hardly ever happens. Someone is usually missing, and according to my aunt, it's usually my husband!! :) He got a bit of a chewing out for that! You don't mess with Eloise! Anyway, we were able to get some group shots of the grandchildren and great-grandchildren. As you can see, our family is not done growing yet!!

No comments: